Oh the little darlings, those contrary little bubbas! They’re all sweetness and light until something upsets them and it can be ANYTHING! You’ll never be sure what will set off today’s unscheduled (and totally uncalled for) epic meltdown – the banana they didn’t want peeled, the dog they didn’t want to look at, the cartoon they didn’t want to finish. Oh the fun! They just love to keep us guessing.
There are, however, a few things you can almost guarantee will cause a writhing, screaming, shouting shit fit so without further ado… the nine things all toddlers, preschoolers and terrible twos hate:
Nine Things All Toddlers Hate:
1. Car seats – not all the time just on the day you get stuck in a mega jam on the M25
2. Food – but only if you’ve spent hours preparing it. If it came out of a tin it’s a different story!
3. Vegetables – unless their friends are tucking in.
4. Sleep – except when you’re in the car six minutes from reaching your destination.
5. Sleeping alone – fair enough… everyone hates this.
6. Having the door closed – unless they’re up to no good.
7. Having their faces wiped – but only when you’re doing it. Grandma gets a grin and a giggle!
8. Jabs – but not as much as we hate taking them there in the first place.
9. Getting out of the bath – but you should have seen the fuss made about getting in!
What’s your bub’s guaranteed trigger? Tell us in the comments below, or in the Community
Anna-Belle, 35, is a writer, editor and entrepreneur, loves to drink nice wine, eat (and occasionally cook) really interesting, delicious food and the odd dirty burger, leave half-drunk cups of tea around the place and go surfing or snowboarding about once a year to make herself feel cool again
Oh! And she’s a mum to two gorgeous children: Jacques (2015) an Alethea (2012), and wife to Chuck (1983). The family live in Northern California, USA after stints in the UK, Singapore, and France.
Photo: ‘Throwing Tantrums’ by Mohd Fahmi Mohd Azmi (CC Flikr 2006)Tags: preschooler strop tantrums things kids hate toddlers